- Successfully completed a PhD thesis in Zoology at James Cook University entitled: ‘The Population Ecology of the Cane Toad, Bufo marinus, in Northern Australia’.
- Currently work as a consultant ecologist, with reference to local flying-fox populations and other rare and threatened wildlife, for the Cairns Regional Council
- Chair of the Flying-fox Advisory Group for the Cairns Regional Council
- Completed research projects for James Cook University, including monitoring wildlife movement across roads using rope canopy bridges and Lemuroid Ringtail Possums populations in high altitude tropical rainforest
- Led Earthwatch expeditions in the Wet Tropical rainforests of Far North Queensland showing volunteers how to survey and monitor wildlife